Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Remarkable Gift

Growing up in Garden Valley, we always had a black and white picture on the wall of a cute little girl with dark hair, sparkling eyes and a sweet smile. I had asked about her and been told by Mom that she was my older sister, Gail. I asked why she didn't live with us and Mom replied that she lived with her own mother. I did not meet that little girl until I was full grown. While she did not get the opportunity to share in the many experiences we shared in that home, she was still there. She is a part of the family. I have rarely had the pleasure to meet anyone so kind and generous, so accepting, and so loving. She is a remarkable woman and a great example of graciously sharing love. We were blessed in November with the opportunity of taking a "Family" picture and for the first time, we were all together in person. That was a joyful experience. I look forward to sharing many more memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment